Page 253 of 253 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253
Results 7,561 to 7,577 of 7577

Thread: Your current weather?

An otherwise Gorgeous Day here, upper 70's party cloudy, sweet breeze with a lot of yellow snow....pine pollen, ugh.

Sunny and windy, all day long. I love where I live, except for the wind.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

A Category 2 Cyclone is due to cross the W.A coast about 900 km north of Perth today. We will, almost certainly, not get any damaging winds down here but we are receiving rain from very cloudy skies with plenty more to come. Yesterday, when we riding our bikes the wind was gusting up to 50 km/h and we used the motors for a little bit in the last km home as it was right in our faces. We had to pedal on a slight downhill slope where normally we could just roll.

Quote Originally Posted by ozduck View Post
    A Category 2 Cyclone is due to cross the W.A coast about 900 km north of Perth today. We will, almost certainly, not get any damaging winds down here but we are receiving rain from very cloudy skies with plenty more to come. Yesterday, when we riding our bikes the wind was gusting up to 50 km/h and we used the motors for a little bit in the last km home as it was right in our faces. We had to pedal on a slight downhill slope where normally we could just roll.
    The cyclone actually strengthened to a Cat. 3 cyclone before it crossed the coast. It came a bit closer to us than expected but we have only had some rain and no strong wind. Unfortunately some small towns on the coast had major damage. One of the structures destroyed was one of the last historic long deep water wooden jetties which was built in 1897. It was at the town of Carnarvon wlhich houses an historic NASA tracking station built for the Gemini space missions.

Since the cyclone the other week the weather has settled back into its normal routine for this time of year - around 13 C to 25 C with clear skies. However, for the last few days we have been having lots of problems with smoke. Because the winds are light the authorities have been doing lots of controlled burning in the hills east of Perth to reduce the undergrowth. Unfortunately, because the winds are light the smoke has tended to sit over Perth and we have had to shut all the windows to reduce the smoke smell and "taste". It usually blows away late in the day when a light sea breeze starts. but will drift back again the next day. This problem should only be around for another week or so and most people accept it as a necessary thing to reduce the risk of catastrophic bushfires.

sunny with a high around 19 C and very breezy, going out and do some reading but first have to move the indoor greenhouse and the plants inside to the porch.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Another sunny day out a little cooler than yesterday, just downloading a couple of podcast to a micro sd so I can listen to them outdoors.

After a lovely week, we cooled off and had some rain for the weekend. I had to wear a jacket yesterday! Not that weekends matter much to me, being retired.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Well actually took a little walk in the woods and while going up a path that is one the neighbors land found out we have new neighbors. The people who owned the land sold it to some whose dad and granddad live on the wood, I don't see much changing, they actually like it that I walk down there and they just wanted a place to hunt in the fall and the property has a barn in which they can do some projects in.

A nice rain here overnite and this coming week temps will rise into the 80's. I'll be planting out some of the summer crops but with backups on hand just in case there's a surprise late freeze. Busy times....

(Firstly, after my complaints about this thread loading slowly, it loaded lightning quickltoday but one of the other threads was super slow )

We are having some superb autumn weather at the moment - around 15 C to 30 c range. We are allowed an hours outdoor exercise during the current, hopefully short-lived, lockdown and we went for a bike side along the Canning River. In this case a couple of photos tells the story - there is still some smoke around from the hazard reduction burns going on around Perth.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	River.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	241.8 KB 
ID:	26102

Name:	River1.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	619.0 KB 
ID:	26103

Clearing up after a day of rain. The brother in-laws truck in the field earlier and went down to see what was going he checking out the camper and talking to a couple. He was joking he might need it soon because he is scheduled to go to Nova scotia to work at aquaculture sites there.

About 20C, sunny with no breeze and henceforth buggy. Probably be busy for the next few days got a call yesterday from the group running the next municipal elections in MAy and I asked if I could be trained as a backup, and I said yes and the training is tomorrow for a couple of hours and then of course the auction is coming on satuday and they might need me friday and saturday.

Sunny, dry, and close to 90F here today and again tomorrow, glad I got my haircut last week, it's been over a year.

In my post of 26/4 above I mentioned that there was a bit of smoke from hazard reductions burns around. Unfortunately it has become a lot worse over the last few days. We are currently subject to a smoke alert with all outdoor exercise etc regarded as unhealthy. We rode yesterday but today we had to cancel our ride as it is too unpleasant. Especially for my wife who has been greatly affected and has had a very bad cough over the last few days. This is the ideal time to do these burns due to the light winds etc but unfortunately it is also the ideal time for the smoke to settle over the coastal plain. Luckily it appears likely that there will be some rain this afternoon which should clear the smoke.

You can see from these photos how bad it was yesterday. Obviously not as bad as from a true bushfire. This is all smoke not smog.

Name:	Smoke1.jpg 
Size:	279.6 KB 
ID:	26118

Name:	Smoke2.jpg 
Size:	1.42 MB 
ID:	26119

Rainy and windy today and the power went out twice, this morning just as I was getting up, got breakfast a coffee and bagel and drive thru before going to unload the truck for the auction company. The second time just after a online streaming event it went off for a second time.

A windy day but sunny and the auction is all over and I have nothing really to do for over a week but right outdoors with a book and supper, since the bugs are being blown away.