Page 4 of 234 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Your current weather?

AGN / matt...yah i did...this is exquisite result for SA.
    I hope it becomes a nail-biter, as it progresses. Duminy has played prominent role for SA at their 414 chase, too. And now this excellent 'steynd' with Steyn.

sorry buttercup, hijacking...

weather-wise, it's coooold and scandinavian-windy, cloudy...so no-can-see, shadow transit of Io and Europa on Jupiter ....anyway it's just ended......

It's slow so I'll kick this thread back up. Like much of the US, it's very cold here. Single digits, negative with wind chill (Fahrenheit of course). Only had about 2-3 inches of snow yesterday. Still 'spittin but not enough to really add to the accumulation. According to the weather report this morning, we'll get more over the weekend.

The cool thing is I have dozens of gnarly looking icicles hanging from the front of my car, giving it the appearance of a rabid animal. Mwahaha.

We're around freezing, a couple degrees above in the day, a couple below at night.
    Not a lot of wind.

So far we've had about a week of real winter weather, the rest has been more like a coldish autumn.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

After a record-breaking spell of sub-zero temperatures, we've not got Chinook winds and unseasonably warm weather. The roads are generally a slushy mess and are like glass in some areas. New rule: when the first snow falls, the temperature shall remain a constant 25F until it's time for spring break-up, no later than April 30th. Got it? Good. See to it.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

The last several days have been sunny and low 70s. The next few days will be sunny and low 70s. I LOVE a boring weather forecast.
    Last edited by Tucson_Tim; 2009-Jan-15 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Spelling

Today
    Partly cloudy. Scattered flurries until midday. Nearly steady temperatures around zero. Northwest winds 10 to 20 mph. Wind chill readings 15 below to 25 below zero.

Tonight
    Clear. Lows around 11 below. West winds 5 to 15 mph. Wind chill readings 16 below to 26 below zero.
    From a google gadget getting data from, I believe, weather underground. All temps in Fahrenheit. Current temp is 1 F.

Nick

CNN has a cliche out of Minnisota...
    Video: Frozen banana hammer

Although; I've never seen the frozen soap bubble before, and the instant freezing of the tossed cup of water was kind of neat too.

In Indiana there was another cliche...Boy Licks Metal Pole, Gets Tongue Stuck
    I don't know if it was the visual, or the way it was written, but it was a story that "sticks" with you.
    The Field Elementary School fourth-grader managed to mumble to police that a friend had dared him to lick the fixture.
    "You'd think everybody in the country had seen 'A Christmas Story' by now," a police officer told The Times. "Remember what happened to Flick."

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    Minnisota...
    Where is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Tucson_Tim View Post
    Where is that?
    Outside maxxisota.

10. 2009-Jan-15, 06:48 PM
    Reason
    Nothing said, really

hmmmm we at -36 c cold enough to frost bite your ears in say 15 mins...

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    Outside maxxisota.
    Ah, good 'ol Maxxisota. We all know what they're most famous export is.

That's right.

Rubberbands.

supposed to be about -30F (-34.4C) here, with windchills down to -43F (with light winds), it would have been around -70F to -80F on the old windchill scale.
    Et tu BAUT? Quantum mutatus ab illo.

Unseasonably warm and dry. Three inches below normal precepitation. Clear. Praying for rain. None foreseable for at least ten days. This is important as we have a dry and rainy season. It doesn't rain in the dry season except once or twice by accident. Right now there are salamanders looking up and going, well?
    Time wasted having fun is not time wasted - Lennon
    (John, not the other one.)

Cloudy warm with possibility of rain later (min:20 Deg Celsius max: 30 Deg Celsius).
    Basically normal for this time of year.

We hit -8 F yesterday morning. Today we warmed up to 2 F. Highs around 10 F. We've got the great lakes warming things up for us, which is nice. It's a snow machine, but we aren't as cold as the two 'Sota's discussed above.

This morning it was -14 F here (without windchill). We seem to have no wind here, but head a few miles north towards Columbus and they're supposedly at -25 F with wind.

It's sunny and clear skys though, so I've decided instead of hating the cold, I'll just approach it like a make-believe trip to the Arctic. It's kinda fun.

Sunny, sunny, sunny!

Weird. I'm only used to cloudy, rainy, semi-gloomy Januaries. Temp is probably 50 F.
    Dip me in ink and toss me to the Poets.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    so I've decided instead of hating the cold, I'll just approach it like a make-believe trip to the Arctic. It's kinda fun.
    My sister is "stuck" in Iowa, where it's been just as cold (low the other night was -25). She'd want to brain you for saying that, lol.

Lol; well can't change the weather (yet... MWAHAHA) so just have to find ways to deal with it.

When I get home, gotta see if my puppies will pull me around on a sled while I yell "Mush! MUSH!"

Freezing here too, it's not even 60 degrees today. I can't wait for winter to be over!

Forecast for today in my neck of the woods. High 64 degrees F, Lo 32 F. It gets better, Wednesday high 57 F and lo 29 F. It's wonderful.

Been sunny here in The Great Northwet the past couple of days. When it isn't foggy, that is.

This being inauguration day, I'm reminded of the weather on one of Clinton's inauguration days. We had a severe windstorm that knocked out power for much of the region, three days worth at my house. We had to take the poor elderly cat and move into my mother-in-laws attic. She at least had heat.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

It's mild here (what I consider mild for this time of year, anyway.) 20's F probably, though I haven't watched the news and don't have an outdoor thermometer. Blue skies. Little or no wind. Our snow from last thursday still covers the ground.

Now that it's out of the sub sub zero range, no complaints from me. I don't like cold weather, but since it's unavoidable here, this is the kind I can put up with best.

Still sunny, sunny, sunny....aaargh. Very cool [45 F] and sunny. I hate sunny Januaries, want some cloud/gloom/rain!

Why do you like weather that Gloomy and Rainy ?

Our Weather is sunny too , but cool at 23 C .

Clear sky, frost, sun not over the top of the hills yet (09.45) Snow on hills.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

Today we have a high of 74; Tomorrow's high 79.

Quote Originally Posted by Whirlpool View Post
    Why do you like weather that Gloomy and Rainy ?
    Hi Whirlpool. Because it's rare here (we live near El Paso, Tx). I'm from "up north" originally, so sunny Januaries are weird. Also, Januaries *here* did used to be overcast & rainy - the winter monsoon season. We've not had that the last 3 years out 4, just incessant sunshine. I can't accustom myself to it, as much as my sister would hate me for it!

My hands are cold inside the house.