Page 52 of 234 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,560 of 6992

Thread: Your current weather?

Clear skies except for occasional high and very wispy white clouds. No breeze. Temp is probably 65 F.

Do wish we'd get some rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Torsten View Post
    Belated thanks. I should not complain. As Alan Bean said, we should be grateful that we have weather.

When it's really cold here for a few days the cold air mass often pushes as far as where you live, and I hear of you guys getting a dump of snow. I have to plan my field activities around the snow and the temperature. It was -29C here this morning, and only promising to rise to -21C. If the field work requires mostly walking with only short stops, I'll go out if it is forecast to rise above -20C. But what I have to do now requires some dexterity, (ie taking measurements without gloves on), and is fairly sedentary, so I'll wait for better conditions. It's a beautiful scene looking out the window, an absolutely brilliant sky today, but I can feel the chill as the heat passes through the double glazed windows.
    Yup, the TV folks are blaming the "Arctic Blast" on you guys. It's beautifully sunny here today and quite cold, around 22F. Much like the Montana winters I remember from my youth.

It got windy last night and we've got some interesting drifts around the house. That's rare in these parts, the snow is generally too wet.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

of Greatest Eclipse, Aug. 21 2017 (Kentucky, USA)
    I can't believe that Washington and Oregon are getting snow this early. I also can't believe that is was over 70 degrees F here yesterday. I'm starting to wonder if I really should go visit my parents in December.

I don't recall snow this early here, nor especially such cold temperatures -- it's 15F right now. What's really strange is that we had an all-time record high just about three weeks ago. A bad winter is predicted for us due to La Nia.

-3C and it's almost ceased snowing. Perhaps the bicycle lanes will be more negotiable than they were yesterday ...

We had Snow here on Sunday/Monday. They originally called for 2-4 centimeters but I think we topped out around 5-8cm. Since then though it's been raining, and raining hard. Today it's supposed to clearup and hover around the freezing point, with more rain on Friday. And even with all the rain we had, there is still a lot of snow on the ground. It soaked it but didn't melt it. Gonna be fun once we freeze again.

Overall, I'd say this is fairly normal weather for us. I can remember seeing snow this early other times. Don't recall as much rain though, especially after the first snows. This time of year, I'd prefer Snow to rain. (Actually in general I prefer snow to rain; rain soaks you, Snow you can brush off).

High hazy wispy white clouds. Otherwise blue sky and sunshine. Ho-hum. Temp is probably 60 F. We need rain! I want rain!

Tomorrow's forecast (Thanksgiving Day) is partly cloudy, wind gusts up to 40 mph (go away wind...give us rain instead), and the high will probably be 57 F.

-1 C and snowing tonight.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Happy Thanks Giving

Happy Thanks Giving to everybody in the US.

http://www.jumbojoke.com/thanksgivin..._forecast.html

More snow and it is -3C. I hate winter.
    The real art of conversation is not only saying the right thing at the right moment but also to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the most tempting moment. -- unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Atraveller View Post
    Happy Thanks Giving to everybody in the US.

http://www.jumbojoke.com/thanksgivin..._forecast.html
    I, for one, am thankful we don't have to listen to any more "Black Friday" commercials, which started up the day after the election commercials got done. And that forecast is pretty accurate, although I'm thinking I'll skip making the soup.

Back on topic, we've made it all the way up to around 35 degrees F, (2C or so) a fairly major improvement. We haven't seen above freezing since Sunday.

snow snow snow
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

Just four days to the first day of summer.

Currently 24 C (75 in the armpit scale) with a few fluffy clouds.

We are forcast to get to 26 C today. Forcast for the first day of summer is 27 C (82 in Armpit)

-7C. It's not snowing anymore, but the ground's white and the sky's almost white too.

It hasn't stopped snowing again today, I have taken some pictures from my garden.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow 003..jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	140.6 KB 
ID:	13972   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow 001..jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	13973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow 009..jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	140.0 KB 
ID:	13974   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	snow 002..jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	141.0 KB 
ID:	13975  

Rain mixed with hail here. The forecast for the next town up the hill is 7-11 inches of snow today. If the snow levels stay up there, I'll be heading out this evening for one last rain beetle excursion.
    So many bugs, so little time.

snow snow snow. not stopped since friday afternoon. we have about 18 inches now.
    Roads out of Guisborough are closed at the moment. Moor Road to Whitby closed at Birkbrow incline, Road to Midllesbrough blocked at Ormesby Bank, Road to the coast blocked at Yearby Bank and road to Great Ayton closed as well. Can still get outtowards Skelton but then the coast road is blocked at Loftus Bank.
    All Moderation in Purple

Probably should not complain (considering what others are getting elsewhere), but I do wish we'd get some wintry clouds and a nice brisk rainfall. I'll probably never get used to such sunny weather this time of year (desert). It's almost oddly depressing in a way I can't describe; the monotony of it.

We got our first snow of the season today. My dog Picollo inaugurated his new winter overcoat!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/URL]

More snow this afternoon.

Still snowing,
    All Moderation in Purple

Only a couple of cm here. I see my plan to send all our snow to England is working, now I must convince the government to pay my ransom, Mahahahahaha.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/

Wet Wet Wet. 10C.

We had another warm day today. It'd probably break the mercury bulb under the armpit, so in Celsius it was about 37 degrees, and we're looking at a minimum of 19 overnight. How wonderfully warm. At least the heat might help me click my spine back into place.

-8C, brilliant sunlight, ~20cm of snow. Really nice winter weather, I'd say.

It was 29 C on the coast today, but I am playing tour guide to some friends from Canada (they are escaping the first blast of winter) so I took them up into part of the Great Dividing Range. It was 24 C on top of Mount Tamborine (elv 520) and only 21 C in the forest of O'Riely's Plateau. (Had a mess of rosella's land on me...)

Hey Spoons, sorry to hear about your back. I warned you about Bowls. Dangerous sport that...

Thanks Atraveller. You were right. I think I caught a hip injury from the old folks there too. The longer I was at the club, the worse it got.

A strange thunder storm along with the snow last night, still snowing here and it has only stopped a couple of times to refill the snow clouds.

Yesterday was windy; gusts up to 45 mph. Extremely rare for this time of year (seemed like March). "Sunny" otherwise.

Today was windy again, and now it has turned cold (for us). 4:53 PM and the temp is probably 35 F. Snowy clouds filled entire eastern sky curving towards NW about 2 hours ago. Mountain range to east had slight skiff of snow. Otherwise the clouds are erratic; quickly form then dissipate. Still very breezy. Wind chill is probably 20 F.

So far we've had about 15-20 cm of snow this year (we had NONE until the 18th). It's currently -11c with a wind chill of -23c. Weather man is calling for 40-60km winds today with whiteout conditions.