Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 2060686970
Results 2,071 to 2,086 of 2086

Thread: Twin Paradox: Definitive Proof That It's SR?

Sam, will you please tell me how long it takes me to travel 5.88 trillion miles?

Also, I have another, simple question for you. Is a meter a unit measurement of time or distance?

Quote Originally Posted by milli360

PS: If I remember right, that makes the mass of the Sun equal to about 1.4 kilometers.
    Lol, you guys will go to great lengths to ignore the fact that Einstein said light speed slows down in a gravity field.

Quote Originally Posted by milli360
    PS: If I remember right, that makes the mass of the Sun equal to about 1.4 kilometers.
    Hey! Do you know the title of Einstein’s 1918 paper and what classical book it referred to?

No answers for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Musashi
    No answers for me?
    No. Sorry. Ask Milli. He knows everything you want to know. I’m presently conducting more research. I‘m in Berlin in 1918. Say, you wouldn’t happen to know the title of Einstein’s 1918 paper and what classical book it referred to?

I don't doubt he knows the answers, I doubt you do. I am not asking Milli, I am asking you. If you would try to answer my two simple questions, you might learn something, but you wouldn't want to do that, would you?

I don't doubt he knows the answers, I doubt you do. I am not asking Milli, I am asking you. If you would try to answer my two simple questions, you might learn something, but you wouldn't want to do that, would you?
    Jeepers! Every other person has a copy of Nietzsche’s latest book! And just look at all the German translations of “Der Ursprung der Sorte” by Darwin in all the book stores! And look at all the Galton books! Dieses ist nicht gut! I don’t think I like this place. I think I’m going back to the 21st Century!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam5
    Quote Originally Posted by Tensor

Well how's this Sam5. c = velocity of light in a vacumn. dt = change in time. Now the difference between c and cdt is this: c is how fast light is moving, and dt is how long it moves. So cdt is how far light moves in a dt amount of time. So cdt is a distance, not a velocity. If you still don't understand, you need to ask that teenager.

See the two long plane-wave lines? Notice that there is an angle between the lines? Notice that the distance the c1dt part of the beam travels is longer than the distance the c2dt part of the beam travels during the same time period?

Do you not understand this or are you purposely trying not to understand this?
    Sam5, we had this exchange on page 53:

Quote Originally Posted by Tensor

Ok, let me ask you what you think his c’dt and cdt speeds mean in the 1911 paper?
    They are not speeds, they are distances. It's the speed of light (c) multiplied by the change in time. Which gives a distance.
    Thirty pages ago, I first explained that cdt and c1dt were distances. And several times since. You are now just understanding this. So using your own quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Tensor applying a Sam5 quote to Sam5
    As soon as he figures out what Einstein and I are talking about. Then he’ll pretend he “knew it all along”.
    As far as this quote:
    Do you not understand this or are you purposely trying not to understand this?
    If you think I didn't understand cdt, I challenge you to show any post of mine that shows I thought cdt was anything besides a distance. Can you do it? No, I didn't think you could.

considering this quote:
    Are you trying to prevent others from understanding it?
    considering that other posters, besides myself, have shown where you have taken quotes out of context, either misunderstood, misapplied or dishonestly distorted usage of precisely given definitions and common physics or astronomy terms, and used, for support, references that even the author has claimed don't work. I'll let others decide who the above quote should more properly apply to.

Jeepers! Every other person has a copy of Nietzsche’s latest book! And just look at all the German translations of “Der Ursprung der Sorte” by Darwin in all the book stores! And look at all the Galton books! Dieses ist nicht gut! I don’t think I like this place. I think I’m going back to the 21st Century!
    Viel Spass, unser Freund. Leider kann ich nicht sagen, dass wir dich viel verpassen...oder auch vergessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Normandy6644
    Viel Spass, unser Freund. Leider kann ich nicht sagen, dass wir dich viel verpassen...oder auch vergessen.
    Yikes! I’m surrounded!

Geez!

There needs to be a low-end IQ limit on this thread. Something like maybe 130. Or maybe 125 low-end max.

If I asked you, “What amount of time are we talking about in a ‘light year’?” Would you just go "doh"?
    I don't believe this is necessary. You can believe someone is wrong without trying to insult their intelligence. I highly recommend you stick to civilized debate instead of resorting to these kinds of tactics.

Quote Originally Posted by Normandy6644
    Yikes! I’m surrounded!
    Um, ok.

Is that a new way you have of avoiding answering Sam? It is ok to admit you were wrong about light years. And in the Spirit of give and take, I do not know the title of the book you are refering to.

Is that a new ...
    And look, I don’t need any giant seed pods either. Give your giant seed pods to Milli.

After 84 pages, not one single thing has been concluded. Well, that's not true. I have concluded I need to bring out a general call of "don't be rude" here, with a special finger pointed at Sam5. I have not read this whole thread, so I don't know where else others may have been impolite, but I did see where Sam5 was.

Locked. Take it elsewhere.