Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PM permissions modified

Quote Originally Posted by Tucson_Tim View Post
    Just curious, since a user has to supply a valid e-mail when registering, can the mods e-mail someone, even if they have that option turned off?
    Yes, we do have that option, and we do use it when necessary.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Yeah, we mods are finding it equally inconvenient when we have to get a hold of a new user via PM and can't. (Same reason.)
    I'm probably just stating the obvious, but couldn't the 10 posts or less fix just be modified to still allow PMs to moderators and vice versa?

Quote Originally Posted by grav View Post
    I'm probably just stating the obvious, but couldn't the 10 posts or less fix just be modified to still allow PMs to moderators and vice versa?
    I've pored through what I think are all of the relevant administrator configuration pages, and I can't find anything that allows me to do that. If you want to do some research to see if VBulletin does allow that capability somewhere, feel free and then please let me know.

Perhaps adding a separate page in the user profile for moderator/member use only, allowing easy access for new members and can't be turned off like PMs can if a moderator is officially trying to contact someone.

A newby can still get hold of a Mod with the reporting triangle.
    Rules For Posting To This Board
    All Moderation in Purple

To be honest, if I was extremely concerned about contacting a Mod, I would simply go into some of the "Off-Topic" threads and post up to 10 posts.

Like I said earlier, I will cope, this is a great board and due to the sheer number of posts, I would guess the Moderators keep rather busy.

TJ

This seem my problem:

I have only 1 message, I treat to comunicate with a moderator (2 times with 2 moderators) and nothing.

This seem I need write 10 messages.

I like send a atm and seen rules maybe problem with newbies, and also with a 1 month time. It's this moment well in summer or not?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by lbiar View Post
    ... This seem I need write 10 messages...
    You should perhaps go to the Fun & Games section and make ten posts.
    Forming opinions as we speak

Quote Originally Posted by lbiar View Post
    This seem my problem:

I have only 1 message, I treat to comunicate with a moderator (2 times with 2 moderators) and nothing.

This seem I need write 10 messages.

I like send a atm and seen rules maybe problem with newbies, and also with a 1 month time. It's this moment well in summer or not?

Thanks.
    You should be able to have 5 private messages from the get-go. There shouldn't be a problem in that regard, possibly just that the moderators are slow to respond.

Thanks antoniseb, already have now 4 messages, I go to obtain the 10 messages needed.

Other note: antoniseb or ToSeek any of your may answer me any problems for write 1 atm??

Thanks another time:

Could the mods set it up so they can send PMs to very new users even if the VNU can't send them out? I can receive FM broadcasts, but I'm not a radio station, so I can't send them out
    Information about American English usage here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Wasn't possible when we tried it. Maybe they've fixed it by now. Don't think anyone's bothered to check.
    "Words that make questions may not be questions at all."
    - Neil deGrasse Tyson, answering loaded question in ten words or less
    at a 2010 talk MCed by Stephen Colbert.

Quote Originally Posted by Moose View Post
    Wasn't possible when we tried it. Maybe they've fixed it by now. Don't think anyone's bothered to check.
    For some reason, it strikes me as rather weird (as in "what were the forum software writers smoking?") that admins cannot send PMs to everyone regardless of whether they can send them.
    Information about American English usage here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.