Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Out & aBAUT: Meeting up with other BAUTers on your travels

of Greatest Eclipse, Aug. 21 2017 (Kentucky, USA)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosbig5 View Post
    In Lexington KY this week
    That's a bit of a drive from my stomping grounds, but have fun. Don't go to Louisville unless you want to deal with the crowd for the KY Derby.

Flying out of Louisville on Thursday, hope I don't have to jockey for position in line!

Norfolk UK and some of me is in Northern France
    Dang I never saw this thread before, flying out of Montreal today having visited Toronto, Albany, Catskills, Blue Mountain Lake and Repentigny, with Niagara and stuff in between.

I'm in Leipzig until Thursday, free public Bach concerts every day. Yay!

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Working a couple of days in San Antonio 7/23-7/25

A whole week in Las Vegas 3/2-3/9, where the weather is sure to be better than in Pennsylvania, with below freezing temps next week and a nice big snowfall coming on Monday!

I'll be in Renton, Washington on business during the week of 2/23–2/27/2015.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

Pizza and beer with Swift and Ms. Swift at a nice restaurant in his home town. It was great meeting him (and her!) in person.

Quote Originally Posted by geonuc View Post
    Pizza and beer with Swift and Ms. Swift at a nice restaurant in his home town.
    Wow, that's amazing! I wonder what process is involved in causing virtual CQ participants to decohere and become... real people?
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.

Quote Originally Posted by geonuc View Post
    Pizza and beer with Swift and Ms. Swift at a nice restaurant in his home town. It was great meeting him (and her!) in person.
    We had fun too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    Wow, that's amazing! I wonder what process is involved in causing virtual CQ participants to decohere and become... real people?
    I could tell you, but I'd have to post it in ATM.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

I hope to be in Caffe Nero Clayton Street, Newcastle upon Tyne tomorrow for around 07:00, which I suspect is too short notice for anyone

Quote Originally Posted by PetersCreek View Post
    I'll be in Renton, Washington on business during the week of 2/232/27/2015.
    Ah crud. I need to pay better attention to this thread. That's right in my neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar View Post
    I would consider it obvious that several of the posters here are actually computer programs.

Quote Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
    Ah crud. I need to pay better attention to this thread. That's right in my neck of the woods.
    I'll be in the neighborhood again in October but only briefly, as the Wife and I head to Leavenworth for Oktoberfest. I should be there again for another budget meeting before the end of the fiscal year, though. They just haven't set the dates, yet.
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)

I'll be in Renton, Washington on business during the week of 2/23–2/27/2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by redshifter View Post
    I'll be in the neighborhood again in October but only briefly, as the Wife and I head to Leavenworth for Oktoberfest. I should be there again for another budget meeting before the end of the fiscal year, though. They just haven't set the dates, yet.
    Pretty much halfway between Gillian and myself, as well.
    Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscript catapultas habebunt.

Sister and I are in very first stage of planning a trip to China. I'm hoping to visit Hangzhou and its lovely West Lake especially. But another tour package (more days/expense) also includes Ningbo and Beijing. Doubt anyone here will be *there* when (and if)...will keep you all posted. I've not had a vacation in 15 years; LONG overdue. Older now, been through some rough financial times, had to cancel travel plans of 2011. So I'll *definitely* appreciate this.
    Last edited by Buttercup; 2015-Oct-25 at 08:38 PM.

LookingSkyward is offline Honored Member
    Forum Welcomer Emeritus
    Sounds like an amazing trip, BC! Have fun!

Yes, that sounds like a great trip, BC. I know you'll enjoy it.

Pretty much in the middle, and a little way up.
    A meeting offer in reverse:
    I'm settled in Southern Ontario; specifically Cambridge, and expect to move to Waterloo at the end of November. If any Bauters are in, around or moving through the area, I'd be delighted to meet or host them for dinner.
    "The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there's no difference."

"Aikido: the art of hitting people with planets."

It's April, and Washington State is drying out. Is anyone interested in planning a gathering of Western Washington folk? If nothing else, there's always my faire and Treb's hurl late in the season.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

It's that time of year again for me. I'll be in Renton for a business meeting during the week of the 18th.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be cruising out of Seattle on the 15th of May. Good luck on your meeting.

still stuck in Malebolge--it's a small town in Alabama

I'm home again from a 7500 km motorbike trip. This one took me and my riding buddy to Alaska where I had the pleasure of meeting Brett and his wife on July 22. We had a great dinner at a Mexican restaurant and then went to their home where I saw those adventures in DIY first hand.

I think there was a comment earlier in the thread that if there are no pictures, then it didn't happen, so:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Peters Creek.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	43.6 KB 
ID:	21690

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Torsten and Brett in Peters Creek.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	95.2 KB 
ID:	21691

It really was nice to meet you and Dan. We hope you had a good trip in spite of the rainy weather. As we mentioned, the Wife and I drove to Homer the next day and managed to catch a few not-so-rainy breaks even if they were still gray. We even saw a few humpbacks in the bay.

And you don't know how often I've meant to stop and take a picture of that darned sign since it's my screen name on several forums. Consider it stolen! (With your permission, of course.)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After doing the oil changes and checking out Cabelas, we rode to Seward in nice weather. We got a good meal at Chinooks. Unfortunately, the bakery you told us about was closed for the day. (BTW, regarding the oil change, that was great advice about the landfill: they have a nice clean, hard surface in the recycling area and even offered us a convenient collection pan.) It started to rain, hard, almost immediately as we started our return from Seward, and that changed our plans for further sight seeing or checking out Hatcher Pass.

We fueled up in Palmer, and I asked if they could recommend a place to have breakfast. So we had a meal and loads of coffee at the Valley Hotel Cafe while waiting for the weather to break. Dan fell in love with their corn fritters. The waitress and other clientele were wonderful and wished us safe travels, seeming very concerned about our riding in that weather. It finally stopped raining at the pass about halfway to Glennallen. So, we did about 300 km in steady rain that day.

The whole trip was an adventure. My new motto, stolen from a bumper sticker, is "Adventure before Dementia!" I've ordered a new rear tire, and it's been suggested that after I put it on, we need to do a trip to Wyoming...

The landfill worked out even better than I thought, then. I had no clue they'd let you change it right there. The Wife and I both would have recommended the Valley Cafe as well. It's one of our favorite breakfast spots when we spend a day in the valley. I don't remember having eaten at Chinook's in Seward. We just always seem to eat at Ray's...good crab cakes and halibut in a dill cream sauce.

I'll be in Renton on business again this week.

Spoke on the phone to Torsten today.

Tomorrow (Saturday here) I'll be picking him up and showing him around Wellington (N.Z.).

He does sound Canadian!
    Measure once, cut twice. Practice makes perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by pzkpfw View Post
    Spoke on the phone to Torsten today.

Tomorrow (Saturday here) I'll be picking him up and showing him around Wellington (N.Z.).

He does sound Canadian!
    Hope the trip goes well for the two of guys.
    From the wilderness into the cosmos.
    You can not be afraid of the wind, Enterprise: Broken Bow.
    https://davidsuniverse.wordpress.com/