Thread: New Hubble Release: Dramatic Galaxy Collision

New Hubble Release: Dramatic Galaxy Collision

At first glance, this latest image release from Hubble appears to be one really bizarre-looking galaxy. But actually, this is a pair of spiral galaxies that resemble our own Milky Way smashing together at breakneck speeds. The centers have already merged into one nucleus, and the two tidal tails stretching out from the center [...]

More...

Will it efect us ? I mean will we die?

Quote Originally Posted by favole View Post
    Will it efect us ? I mean will we die?
    No. Not because of this. Read the article, it's 250 million light years away.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

The artical didnt work on my computer and I didnt understand what ''resemble'' meant.

Sorry for looking stupid :/

Quote Originally Posted by favole View Post
    The artical didnt work on my computer and I didnt understand what ''resemble'' meant./
    Resemble is "look like", "appear like", like you may be said to resemble your mother or father.

The article is about two galaxies that have run together, are merging, and they are 1/4 billion light years away, very, very distant. The two galaxies happened to look like our own Milky Way galaxy, before they started interacting.

Please stop worrying about things happening in space. You are hurting yourself with worry. You can stop it. This planet has been around a long long time, without you, and almost certainly will continue on a long long time after you are gone. Enjoy your time here.
    0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 ...
    Skepticism enables us to distinguish fancy from fact, to test our speculations. --Carl Sagan

We're doomed!

The hot plasma jet is just behind the light wave front! We should have joined Heaven's Gate!

Well, it was a tough day in the galaxies!
    There goes the neighborhood.... for a few stars. And the speed which they are colliding!!!!
    Thanks for the link.
    Dan