Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Imposter warning

OK, I stand corrected. I had gotten the impression it was everyone when ToSeek changed the setting so banned/suspended users are visible in the list.

Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn. Benjamin Franklin
    Chase after the truth like all hell and you'll free yourself, even though you never touch its coat tails. Clarence Darrow
    A person who won't read has no advantage over one who can't read. Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by HenrikOlsen View Post
    OK, I stand corrected. I had gotten the impression it was everyone when ToSeek changed the setting so banned/suspended users are visible in the list.
    It's been the case for a while that newbies aren't on the list - I didn't change that with the last modification.
    Everything I need to know I learned through Googling.

I suppose the mods are leaving the above spam post in for the irony about which thread it was posted in

Quote Originally Posted by caveman1917 View Post
    I suppose the mods are leaving the above spam post in for the irony about which thread it was posted in
    I just sent them on their way. Given the dozens we kill, some slip through.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Um, calling ToSeek's posts spam isn't very nice!

See, silly things like that happen if you post about spam, instead of simply typing "spam" in the report post thingy (as others did in this case). I know you know this, but others might be reading this thread.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

What above post?
    After over 2 1/2 years this threads been idle, I haven't a clue about what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by NEOWatcher View Post
    What above post?
    After over 2 1/2 years this threads been idle, I haven't a clue about what you're talking about.
    There was a spam post posted, it somehow got approved, and now it has been deleted and the spammer has been banned.

As the zebra police said in the Gary Larson cartoon, move along folks, nothing to see.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by slang View Post
    Um, calling ToSeek's posts spam isn't very nice!

See, silly things like that happen if you post about spam, instead of simply typing "spam" in the report post thingy (as others did in this case). I know you know this, but others might be reading this thread.
    I know, it's just that the irony that this one spam post that got through should, of all places, end up in a thread called "imposter warning" seemed funny enough to make the remark. I figured that, even after it got deleted and especially with Swift's reply, people would still figure it out.

The problem was with a particularly stupid add-on claiming to search engine optimize the urls to pages, but which was broken by design in several nasty ways including that different user names folded to the same profile page url which was how that trolling worked.
    That [stuff] has thankfully been pulled so that trick doesn't work anymore.
    Last edited by Swift; 2013-Feb-26 at 03:00 AM. Reason: language