Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Hessdalen Lights

There are some interesting mineral-related theories concerning the Marfa lights, described here
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marfa_l..._investigation
    piezoelectric ball lightning?

note that a recent study concluded the Marfa lights were very distant car headlights.

Quote Originally Posted by JayUtah View Post
    I think he's alluding to the mining activity in the area that may uncover minerals not previously exposed to atmosphere. It's a reasonable hypothesis; you have to look at everything that makes the Hessdalen area potentially different from its surroundings.
    Thank you. I was just flashing back to geology class.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

Quote Originally Posted by tusenfem View Post
    The object was lit by the sun not on the south side, as it should be, but at the north side. This in broad daylight, kind of strange, not mentioned any further, probably to enhance the mystery.
    I know I'm late to this thread, and I didn't bother looking at the Video, but it is possible for an object to be lit on the north side in Norway. I've lived in Iceland and during the summer, the sun rises in the NNE and sets in the NNW. it's only down a 1-2 hours a "night". As most of Norway is north of Iceland, it would be possible, depending on where in Norway this video was shot. Of course, not mentioning exactly where and when the video was shot is rather non-scientific, which fits in with the rest of the video series. As it has been describe by reliable sources here.

One other thing about living in Iceland, it was interesting to see a rainbows around noon. Another effect of the extreme northern or southern latitudes.

Cool, Tensor.

What I wrote, however, was a quote from a person in the vid.
    All comments made in red are moderator comments. Please, read the rules of the forum here and read the additional rules for ATM, and for conspiracy theories. If you think a post is inappropriate, don't comment on it in thread but report it using the /!\ button in the lower left corner of each message. But most of all, have fun!

Catch me on twitter: @tusenfem
    Catch Rosetta Plasma Consortium on twitter: @Rosetta_RPC

New book

Quote Originally Posted by Eric12407 View Post
    Would this have any relation to this phenomena ...? Seems rather coincidental ...

LIghts over Norway ....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm7YRCXFHVE
    A book - the first one in English - about Hessdalen is now available. It covers the history, the research that has been done - and IS being done, the authors personal experience after living in Hessdalen for one year, - in addition to interviews with Hessdalen residents etc: [link redacted]
    Last edited by PetersCreek; 2019-Jul-30 at 04:32 PM. Reason: Removed link

Quote Originally Posted by Hessdalen View Post
    A book - the first one in English - about Hessdalen is now available. It covers the history, the research that has been done - and IS being done, the authors personal experience after living in Hessdalen for one year, - in addition to interviews with Hessdalen residents etc: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07P9D4KW4
    Hessdalen

First, welcome to CQ.

Second, are you the author of this book, or just interested in the subject? Are you advocating a particular opinion about this topic? Please answer my questions in the next post.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Victordot View Post
    Also why post a thread if you didnt want opposing viewpoints?
    Welcome to the CosmoQuest forums, Victordot. The member who started this thread hasn't posted in it since 2009 and hasn't been active on the forums since 2013.
    Forum Rules►  ◄FAQ►  ◄ATM Forum Advice►  ◄Conspiracy Advice
    Click http://cosmoquest.org/forum/images/buttons/report-40b.png to report a post (even this one) to the moderation team.

Man is a tool-using animal. Nowhere do you find him without tools; without tools he is nothing, with tools he is all. — Thomas Carlyle (1795-1881)