Thread: Here's how you DON'T prove the Dulce base exists.

Here's how you DON'T prove the Dulce base exists.

One way not to prove that Dulce exists is by taking some images off of Google, write a whole article about it, while not even taking the time to research what you're writing.

After a few people called him out on this, he didn't even bother admitting he was wrong, he just said further down in an addenum that the power plant was in fact hiding the actual base.

Yet another reason why the only thing this site is good for is looking at the pretty pictures and ignoring the articles, much like Playboy and Penthouse.

http://www.marsanomalyresearch.com/e...dulce-base.htm

Interesting. He shows pictures of an ordinary power plant and identifies it as 'Dulce Base', whatever that is, then when someone points out the error he says 'well, the real base is underneath the power plant'. Makes sense.

First off, if no one has said this yet, welcome to BAUT Orion Theory.

Now, I've got to put my moderator hat on. I'm not thrilled with these kinds of threads, and we've had a lot of them lately. If you look at our rules for the CT section, this section is mostly for people to defend their beliefs in conspiracy theories. To a much lesser extent, it is for people who don't believe in them to get help in debunking them ("I've got this friend who thinks...").

What we are doing here is critiquing (to put it mildly) someone else's website without them here to defend themselves. While not explicitly against our rules, it just seems a little unfair to me.

We've also had a lot of past discussions about the Mars Anomaly website; usually from CT believers using it as evidence.

I'm not going to close this thread yet, we can see where it goes, but it is on a short lead.
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    [COLOR="DarkOrchid"]First off, if no one has said this yet, welcome to BAUT Orion Theory.
    Far be it from me to point something out to a moderator, especially you Swift, but Orion Theory's join date was June. . . . of 2008. In the interest of hospitality, I hope someone has welcomed him (or her) already.

Anyway, Recently I've been wondering if these types of threads are more appropriate for SMAL (if anywhere), since they're discussing (or 'critiquing') published media, but not proposing or defending a theory. Just my 2 cents.

As for the typical lack of research dodged by an even lazier attempt at dismissing their own errors, I find it comical. I mean, it's like something that characters on the Simpsons do. But sadly, it's not uncommon with these types of claims. "I'm sorry, I was wrong" is not oft in their vocabulary.

Quote Originally Posted by Fazor View Post
    Far be it from me to point something out to a moderator, especially you Swift, but Orion Theory's join date was June. . . . of 2008. In the interest of hospitality, I hope someone has welcomed him (or her) already.
    I hadn't noticed, I was judging by post count. Well, you can't be too welcome.

Anyway, Recently I've been wondering if these types of threads are more appropriate for SMAL (if anywhere), since they're discussing (or 'critiquing') published media, but not proposing or defending a theory. Just my 2 cents.
    The whole question is currently under discussion in moderator-land. It took me a moment to figure out SMAL, but Small Media at Large might not be a bad idea (or Bad Astronomy in the Media).

My two cents? I don't think they belong on this board. Not the way some people go at them. An impartial critique might make SMAL or Bad Astronomy in the Media, but critiques can get awfully petty at times. Not that people are being petty because they have to in order to find anything to pick on, but the desire seems to go from "show the errors" to "be mean about the person's intelligence/mental health" pretty quickly.

"Now everyone was giving her that kind of look UFOlogists get when they suddenly say, 'Hey, if you shade your eyes you can see it is just a flock of geese after all.'"

"You can't erase icing."

"I can't believe it doesn't work! I found it on the internet, man!"

I appreciate all the comments about threads like this. In fact, I've relayed Fazor's idea for SMAL to the moderation team. But I would rather not turn this thread into such a debate. Since this type of topic is still allowed, if borderline, let's leave it to the OP. If people would like to have the meta-debate about how these types of threads should be handled, please start a thread in Forum Feedback. Feel free to reference this thread (and I can move a post if you ask me to).

My apologies if this was not posted correctly/against any rules. I generally read quite on the site but I don't post very much, which is why I have a low post count.

My thread was just started to point out the wreckless agenda of Skipper making up/fabricating things then when he gets proven wrong, he just further digs a hole.

No problem OrionTheory. It was a grey area. Since your original post, the moderators have decided to allow this kind of discussion, we just have not updated the rules yet. But your post has given me a "duh" moment - we still need to do that.

Please continue the thread if you are interested in doing so.

In the Ufo lore the Dulce base was always described as an underground base but appearing on the surface as a mundane structure.

What would be any discussion about the Dulce Base without reference to

The Dulce Book.

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/dulce_book.html

Chapter 30
    Allegation about the situation with the Grey aliens and what happen in that underground base.

http://www.thewatcherfiles.com/dulce/chapter30.htm

Did I believe what they wrote ? ....Hmm! Not really!!!

But its fun reading.
    Last edited by Don J; 2010-Jan-13 at 04:11 AM. Reason: Spelling

Don't pass the Dulce on the left-hand side.

There. I said it.
    The historical record of Apollo is overwhelming - greater than anything you can glean from questions on a bulletin board. That America abandoned Apollo (and the spirit it engendered) is a travesty. To persistently maintain that it never happened in the first place is nothing short of despicable.

All your Dulce base are belong to us.........