Page 101 of 168 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5033

Thread: Take an Untrue Fact! (!!!)

Television is a medium, because it tells us of the future, at least when Star Trek is on.

Kangaroo is a relatively sweet meat - sort of like rabbit. Dog is a fairly dark heavy meat - sort of like horse.

In other words: Skippy and Bugs are tastier than Lassie and Mr. Ed. But when an Aussie has a hot BBQ, anything will do...

Quote Originally Posted by Spoons View Post
    The same goes for the slang term for a daft person and the type of nut.
    Cashew?
    At night the stars put on a show for free (Carole King)

All moderation in purple - The rules

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Cashew?
    Gesundheit!
    So many bugs, so little time.

Two lawyers were charged with "spiritual assault", after striking a happy medium.

Quote Originally Posted by AndreasJ View Post
    Television is a medium, because it tells us of the future, at least when Star Trek is on.
    The only false part of this untrue fact is that unless you have a bunch of miniature collectible action figurines and replica toys, Star Trek is never on your television. Somehow, it's inside of it.

Generally speaking, television actors are required to be able to hold their breath for the entire duration that the show they are participating in, is being shown inside your television. However, the Screen Actors Guild Agreement states that they are allowed to breathe during commercial breaks.

scientists have stunned the world with their discovery of the "stupon" -- a subatomic particle
    Full story: New particle discovered

Related to bozone, a form of oxygen first discovered by G. Larson and found to be emitted by reality television and political campaign advertisements.

Bozone has the highest bogosity of all well-characterized compounds.

The cashewe was one of the projects attempted after finding out that moneytrees don't work as expected.

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

However, cashewe's do work as expected in Qzyrrlmistan, where neonatal ovines can be used in vending machines.
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

How do things fly? This explains it all.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

The name Connecticut derives from the old Indian phrase "ic ut", which means: "the dots".

Moderator comments in this color | Get moderator attention using the lower left icon:
    Recommended reading: Forum Rules * Forum FAQs * Conspiracy Theory Advice * Alternate Theory Advocates Advice

My brain now emits slowons, which slow everything down around me, so I can think slowly about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Salty View Post
    My brain now emits slowons, which slow everything down around me, so I can think slowly about them.
    The discovery of slowons has caused speculation that a slowon gun can be developed aaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss aaaaaaaaaaaaa nnnnnnnoooooooonnnnnnnnlllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeettt tttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll lllllllllllllllll wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppooooooo oooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Information about American English usage here and here. Floating point issues? Please read this before posting.

Actually they can't: "Heavier-than-air flying machines are impossible." - Lord Kelvin, president, Royal Society, 1895.

Actually, the last post is an not an example of the slowon gun, but a much more insidious weapon: the Stuck-Key Ray. Civilized IT Departments from across the galaxy have banned the use of this weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by swampyankee View Post
    The discovery of slowons has caused speculation that a slowon gun can be developed aaaaaaaaaaaasssssssssss aaaaaaaaaaaaa nnnnnnnoooooooonnnnnnnnlllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeettt tttttttttttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallll lllllllllllllllll wwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaappppppppppppooooooo oooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
    Nitrous oxide is a toy to be played with in a highly irresponsible fashion.

Quote Originally Posted by Swift View Post
    Actually, the last post is an not an example of the slowon gun, but a much more insidious weapon: the Stuck-Key Ray. Civilized IT Departments from across the galaxy have banned the use of this weapon.
    Just rememeber"

"A Stuck-key's Stop Keeps America Goin'
    On the Highways and the Byways
    And from One Coast to the Other..."

The latest edition to the platform (crafted from true mahogany) of the political reference redacted has called for the abolition of the diaresis in naïf and the accents in résumé, with the eventual elimination of all accent marks from American.

People shot with a slowon gun display the symptoms of a medical condition known as Tortoise Maximus.

I always get it right when I double check information given in Q&A.

While Salty is correct about slowon effects, he has not indicated how the word 'slowon' is pronounced. Or amateurnounced.

I found that I pronounce it "nougat', much to my surprise. Not the same response as Gordon Dickson's song, "Much to My Surprise."

Not Gordon Dickson, Gordon Lightfoot. Life grows more difficult daily.

I found mike alexander's post an exemplar of lucidity.

My friend Lucy has the word Lucidity tattooed somewhere on her body.

The Delain albumn Lucidity is named for Spoons's friend.

Quote Originally Posted by mike alexander View Post
    While Salty is correct about slowon effects, he has not indicated how the word 'slowon' is pronounced. Or amateurnounced.

I found that I pronounce it "nougat', much to my surprise. Not the same response as Gordon Dickson's song, "Much to My Surprise."

Not Gordon Dickson, Gordon Lightfoot. Life grows more difficult daily.
    Both professionals and amateurs may pronounce "slowon" as 'slow own', in one word, without apostrophes: but only on the eighth day of the week (to keep this an untrue fact)..

The English constabulary was the first to discover and put to a practical use the carryon.

Carrion is a well respected food stuff. The book 101 road kill recipes was on the best seller list for more than 26 weeks.

For the last ten years of his life, Claude Monet did all of his "paintings" using crayons.

Claude Monet painted sixteen of his best know paintings under the "brush" name C.M.Coolidge. They are collectively know as "Dogs Playing Poker".

The idiom "kick the bucket" was coined after a bar bet in which a man claimed that a certain bucket was not large enough to hold a live full-grown alligator.